Change of Season Start up time
Please be advised that the Naples Football League convened a meeting on July 19th, 2014 to hear concerns of parents, coaches and board members requesting a change to our football programs season start up time.
Major concerns were listed as follows:
- Oppressive heat during current season ( August thru November)
- Safety concerns of seasonal rain downpours and lightning strikes during practice and games.
- Educational hardship to many students as school starts the same time as our current season.
- Monetary hardship to many parents trying to pay signup fees while preparing for school expenses.
After careful consideration and with much discussion, we are pleased to announce that the Naples Football League has voted to TRY a revised schedule that will run from February thru April 2015.
We believe that by following this new schedule everyone involved can benefit.
- Players will have the chance to dive into a new school year without having to immediately focus on footballs time demands.
- We could avoid most of the major weather hazards that are not life threatening but aggravating for parents who rush to practice only to find its been cancelled. (Coaches usually don't have the time to call off practice and fields can be cancelled by Parks & Rec or Schools).
- Practicing and playing games in full gear during cooler weather would be a much welcome relief.
- Parents who struggle to pay sign-up fees should be able to gather funds without competing with the new school year expenses.
Players who are already signed up for our original 2014 schedule are encouraged to stay on the roster. We will continue to hold sign-ups until our new season begins in February, 2015. Our adoption of this new schedule means teams might fill quickly, especially since we prefer only 25 players to each team.
The Naples Football League continues to be the ONLY Full-Contact, Non-Traveling program in Collier County for over 20 years. We are not affiliated with, or funded by, any of the other Tackle/ Travel programs operating in Collier County. We are self-managed by a volunteer community of board members, division representatives, coaches and concession workers.
WE ARE A PRIVATE, NON-PROFIT LEAGUE.
Our mission statement has always been to provide a tackle program that benefits both players and parents. We dont "draft" players or hold "tryouts". We are a fundamental teaching league that has provided many skilled, quality players to both private and public high schools in our area. We stick to a schedule that asks for only 3 days a week involvement. Three (3) practice days until games start, then two (2) practices and one (1) game day per week. WE DO NOT TRAVEL. All games are held at a designated, local site. Our practice sites are open to whichever site a prent wants to sign-up for. Our divisions are North Naples, Golden Gate City, East Naples and Golden Gate Estates.
All Players will be welcome from any of the other football programs whose season has ended when ours begins.
We thank those of you who choose to join us on this new endeavor and look forward to working with you and your player(s).